Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bloody Eyes

That's what my officemate Gelo called me when I showed up at work looking with my right eye looking like this:
I didn't realize that not having breakfast is dangerous to your eyes. I didn't get to eat breakfast last Tuesday, and not long after I had a very late Jollihotdog lunch, I was puking my guts out in the restroom. Stomach acids acted up. Little did I know that throwing up (as well as giving birth , carrying a heavy load, coughing violently, or just being really, really mad) may cause the blood vessels in your eyes to rupture. That's what happened to my right eye.

The ophthalmologist said that there's no need to worry, it's just like a bruise that should go away in a week with cold compress. The redness is getting lighter already.

It's just to bad that this had to happen just before our anniversary, tsk. No googly-eyed staring at each other this year, lest Abet get nightmares of bloody-eyed me.

I really do hope this goes away before our trip, or my sister will have some major Photoshopping to do when we get back--no way am I posting pictures of me with my eye looking like a monster's.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hi Dea! That happened to me, too! Last 2004 I have the severest asthma attack and passed out. When I woke up, BOTH my eyes were red from all that heaving and breathing. It went away after like, a week :) OOps. Hopes your eye is better now.