Friday, November 13, 2009

Domesticated

My heart skipped a beat when I read this in Nicquee's blog:

What: Corningware, Corelle, Pyrex and Visions sale up to 70%
When: November 12-15, 2009
Where: Kitchen World, 3rd Level Eastwood Mall


I didn't realize I've gotten so domestic to get all worked up over a sale on cookware! I think it's partly thanks to all of the baking I've done lately (but I haven't really baked in months), but I know it's mainly because I get excited when I think about our future home. Yeah, I know, I'm thinking way ahead. I'm probably more excited about having our own home more than our wedding, haha!

Abet and I have agreed that we will not be one of those couples who have the nice wedding and then go back home to live with the parents. It may work for some, but it's not for us. Besides, Abet will be 30 years old then, which is really too old for a married man to still live in his parents' house. We'll probably be in a tiny, tiny shack, but it will be our own (albeit rented) kingdom where we're king and queen. I'm scared and excited at the same time.

We bought some stuff for our future home during our recent trip, and I'm already planning on accumulating stuff over the next two years before we settle down (and just stash them in Abet's room for now), things we probably won't prioritize once we start paying rent and bills. I want to start buying pretty plates and glasses, so that on those evenings when we'll just have jolli-jeep takeout for dinner, we'll still be pretty fancy. I made Abet promise that once we're married, our bed will never have less than 350-threadcount sheets, I guess now is the best time to get a few sets (I have very few indulgences and good sheets are one of them). I think I'll start buying luxurious bath towels while I can still afford them. I've always wanted a stick-on clock like Frances has in her home, I want to have one now na. I want an oven, a pretty birdcage for my future Gouldian finches (another thing I made Abet promise to get me--I'm not as demanding as this sounds, I swear), a beautiful Mama Mary statue, bookshelves... Ooooh, I could go on and on!

I hope I'll score some Corelle plates at this sale, it would be a good start.

2 comments:

nicquee said...

Ouch on the living with in-laws. bwahahahah! well we have our own reasons but with God's grace, we hope to have our own home soon, not rented. :)

I get ecstatic when this sale happens. I get to but really cheap stuff I could never imagine I can buy. To name a few, really nice Chicago cutlery, 2 pcs pyrex rectangle bake pan, 1 pc pyrex oblong bake pan, a pyrex flash non-stick pan and a set of measuring cups. It's super fun to invest. I'm lemming on the Visions 9pcs set in amber. *drool*

Go get the corelle set for as low as PhP3300 for a 20pcs set. :)

Dea said...

Eeep, sorry! But good luck on having your own home. That's one of our ultimate dreams din, though it may take us several years pa.

I wasn't able to go to the sale. I'm so envious of the things you bought, especially the bakeware. I'll start saving na for next year's sale, bawi na lang then.