Friday, November 27, 2009

Fenix Inn, Malacca

Abet and I are King and Queen of Cheap Accommodation. The cheaper the hotel room, the better. We're out most of the time anyway, the room is is just a place to rest, shower, and leave our things, so as long as it's safe, clean, and in a good location, we're fine. I do have one additional requirement though: an ensuite bathroom. I like to take my sweet time inside the bathroom, and I have this habit of arranging all my toiletries in the bathroom as soon as we arrive and keeping them there until it's time to pack up, so no shared bathrooms for me, thank you.

This is why we ended up in Fenix Inn in Malacca. It was the least expensive room we found online which had its own bathroom: RM98 (P1,372) on weekdays and RM118 (P1,652) on weekends for a double room (we were there on a Friday night and paid the weekend rate). It was pricey for our backpackers' budget, but we really didn't have much choice.

The room was small but fully carpeted, and this was actually my favorite among the five rooms we stayed at during our trip for one good reason: the sheets. They were of high quality/high thread count and were soft as butter against my skin. There was also an extra pillow, a big plus.

Room comes with wired internet. Abet was able to connect when we arrived in the afternoon, but after we got back late in the evening, the internet connection was down. Abet was told by front desk that it would be down for a week.

Bathroom was nothing to complain about. I wish I could say the same for my photography skills.

Overall, I would recommend Fenix Inn to anyone travelling to Malacca, who, like me, insists on an ensuite bathroom. It's around 10-15 minutes away from Jonker Walk where all the action is, but it's near enough to the most popular attractions such as Christ Church, A Famosa, Stadthuys and St. Paul's Church. The rates are more expensive than the average backpackers' accommodation, but the bed was definitely worth the price. If you love good sheets like I do, you'll appreciate Fenix Inn.

--=-=--

Fenix Inn
156, Jalan Merdeka, Taman Melaka Raya,
75000 Melaka, Malaysia
http://www.fenixinn.com
reservation@fenixinn.com
606-281 5511

No comments: